Here are the top 10 considerations in picking out your wedding shoes.
Touch Ups Johanna Bridal Shoes bellissimabridalshoes.com $71.99
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SHOES FOR YOUR WEDDING:
1) Pick out your dress first.
2) Take into account the venue and formality of your wedding: Is it in the courthouse, a nighttime formal event at a grand hotel, or on the beach.
3) Use the fabric of the bottom of your wedding dress to determine the fabric on your shoes: a lace dress calls for lacy shoes; a dress with sheen would call for satin shoes. Buying your shoes online and trying to tailor them specifically to your dress can be daunting. Plan way ahead so that you can return them if need be.
4) Try to match the embellishments of your dress with the embellishments of your shoes. For example, pearls or rhinestones or crystals.
5) Do not forget that COMFORT is truly important. The last thing you want is for your feet to start hurting an hour after you've been on them.
6) If you have wide feet, go for the round-toed shoes, which will give you more comfort.
7) Shop for your shoes at the end of the day when your feet have had a chance to swell.
8) Whether you are going to have your shoes professionally dyed or you are going through stores looking for your shoes, take a swatch of your dress in order to get the perfect shade.
9) You do not want to slip in your shoes. Either sandpaper down the soles, buy those non-skid sole paste-ons that you can apply or take them to a shoemaker to get the right item to prevent yourr slipping.
10) Don't forget to break your shoes in before your wedding. You don't want your wedding day to be the first time you're wearing the shoes.