PLUS-SIZE MOTHER OF THE BRIDE/GROOM DRESSES
Adrianna Papell Iridescent Chiffon Petal Gown (Plus); nordstrom.com
Looking for that perfect Mother of the Bride or Mother of the Groom Plus-Size dress is easier than ever. There are so many beautiful choices and many in a wide range of sizes. For example, the above Adrianna Papell dress comes in sizes 14W – 24W. There are more choices now than ever to make you feel fabulous!
TOP 5 TIPS FOR FINDING THE BEST LOOKING MOTHER OF THE BRIDE OR MOTHER OF THE GROOM DRESSES
1. Try to find a style that will define your waist, such as an A-line, sheath, tea lengh and cocktail style, while still feeling comfortable to you.
2. A bolero, matching jacket, or sheer shawl can look very sophisticated. Especially nice if you are self-conscious of your arms.
3. Go for modesty. You don’t want to show alot of skin. According to weddingshoppeinc.,..” don’t wear a dress that flaunts or exposes too much of you, and keep your necklines modest, your fit classy, and your color moderate.”
“As comfortable as jersey knit or chiffon is, it isn’t the most flattering fabric
on every size body. Finding a mother of the bride slimming dress is easy when you look for structured materials such as satin, taffeta, brocade or dupion silk. These fabrics tend to skim the body versus clinging to the body like chiffon and knit blends.”
4. Take your cue from the bride’s dress on how formal or informal you should be dressed. Don’t shy away from wearing colors.
5. It is traditional for the bride’s mother to choose her dress first; then the groom’s mother will follow her lead in color, length and style
Here are some beautiful examples of Plus Size Mother of the Bride and the Groom dresses:
Lace and Chiffon Jacket Dress with Empire WaistStyle
LACE AND CHIFFON JACKET DRESS WITH EMPIRE WAIST from davidsbridal.com.
This beautiful dress comes in sizes 14W to 24W and costs $169.00.
Elegant and sophisticated, you will wow the crowd in this stunning Mother of
the Bride ensemble.
The sleeveless bodice features lace and chiffon detail.
3/4 sleeve jacket
Terani Couture Dress at therosedress.com
How gorgeous is this dress? I love the Ivory/Black combination.
This comes in sizes 6-24 and sells for $649.00.
This dress is really like a work of art.
Surprisingly, the site, therosedress.com. doesn’t give alot of information on their dresses, however, they do have a live-chat feature.
Here’s another one from therosedress.com that I think is gorgeous:
TheRoseDress.com Item# JJ-13179L
Josh and Jazz Item #JJ-13179L from therosedress.com.
This black/white outfit would be so beautiful in a black/white themed wedding.
This comes in sizes 18-24 and costs $335.00.
(There are so many gorgeous dresses on this site and I don’t understand why they give out so little information or description; unless it’s because they want you to use the LiveChat. Either way, it’s frustrating and kind of a shame since I’ve fallen in love with so many of their dresses.) They also have dresses that go 6X or higher.
Don’t discount the idea of wearing a stunning pantsuit. They are perfectly acceptable now and some of them are truly gorgeous.
You can see that it is possible to look very glamorous and still be comfortable.
Don’t forget your accessories (nothing too small) and some beautiful shoes.