NEVER FEAR! There are now plenty of choices in Plus Size Bridesmaid's dresses.
When picking out your plus size bridesmaid's dresses, you will want to take into consideration comfort and fit.
Talk to your bridesmaids and find out what would make them most comfortable: Perhaps a dress with sleeves, a longer length dress, a different neckline. Most plus size women know exactly what works for them and what doesn't.
Here are the TOP 10 TIPS WHEN CHOOSING YOUR PLUS-SIZE BRIDESMAID DRESS:
1) Try to stay away from the clingy, form fitting dresses. Flowy fabrics work much better for the plus-sized bridesmaid. Ruching at the waist will be very forgiving and give the impression of a tiny waist.
2) An A-line dress or an empire cut dress work very well. Stay away from satin.
3) Many times, a longer dress will make your bridesmaid look more proportionate. Perhaps with a slit in it if your bridesmaid is fine with some leg showing.
4) If showing her arms are a problem for your bridesmaid, consider a beautiful shawl or pashmina. If a sleeveless dress is alright, at the very least, have a strap to the gown.
5) Keep your bridesmaid's budgets in mind. Usually, a plus size gown will be more expensive than a standard size.
6) Don't forget to find a color universally flattering to your bridesmaids. Not everyone looks great in pink.
7) A really great way to make everyone happy is to find the color theme you want of your wedding and then let each bridesmaid find their own gown in that hue, in the style that flatters them most.
9) Darker colors are more slimming.
10) Be sure to get proper measurements.
I love this youtube of 2012 new arrivals Plus Size Bridesmaid Dresses.
Here are the top 10 considerations in picking out your wedding shoes.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SHOES FOR YOUR WEDDING:
I really love the idea of wearing a Bridal Jacket when you have a sleeveless bridal dress. It gives you another look for photographs, helps keep you warm in cooler weather and can also be worn during religious services, where you want a more conservative look.
These can really look nice.
In choosing your wedding jacket, you want to take into account the neckline, the sleeves, and the fabric of your wedding gown.
I found these at p.s. Bridal and I think they are so beautiful.
Style No: 1646LS Designer: Alfred Angelo
This jacket is designed by Alfred Angelo and goes up to a size 28 W and comes in colors Ivory and White.
This is gorgeous!
Style No: J1029 Designer: Eden
This jacket is by the designer, Eden.
This is available in all Taffeta colors.
I think this is a great way to add some color to your dress.
It comes in sizes 2-28.
Etsy.com also has some beautiful bridal jackets, such as these two:
White cashmere cotton bridal shrug - Long sleeves
The wonderful thing about this is that you will be able to wear this so many places after your wedding. It doesn't JUST look like a bridal jacket.
While this goes from an XS - XL, the designer has this postscript on her page:
"If you want to buy any scarf,cowl,capelet, neckwarmer that can be designed according to your personel taste, please e-mail me. I prepare your item in 2 weeks. "
WHITE Faux Fur Bridal Cape shrug Stole Wrap Shawl with Satin Bow Closure
This one is my absolute favorite and comes in plus sizes.
The designer is also willing to do one for each woman in your bridal party at a reduced bulk discount.